The University of Maribor is the second largest university in Slovenia. It was founded in the premises of the School of Economics and Commerce, opened in 1959. In 1975, it received the status of university. Now, the university has 17 institutes.
Photo: Designed by © 2TM d.o.o.
The University of Maribor (Univerza v Mariboru)
According to its size and age, the University of Maribor is the second largest university in Slovenia. It was opened in 1975. However, its history dates back to the mid-nineteenth century with the opening of a theological seminary.
Today, more than 20,000 students study in the University of Maribor, and approximately 1,700 employees work therein. It also ranks among the top 5% of the world’s best universities.
The University of Maribor has 17 faculties:
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Faculty of Energy Technology
- Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Logistics
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Faculty of Organizational Sciences
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Tourism
- Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Interdisciplinary Program for Industrial Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Mechatronics Program
The University of Maribor also includes:
- Maribor’s student dormitories
- University Library
- University Computer Centre
- Leon Štukelj Sports Centre
© 2TM d.o.o.
Get a Free Consultation