Students from the College of Vocational Education in Wellness, Hospitality and Tourism Industry Show Excellent Results at the AEHT Conference in Croatia
Students from the College of Vocational Education in Wellness, Hospitality and Tourism Industry took part in the 32nd AEHT Conference, which was held in Split, Croatia on 11–16 November 2019.
The participating students represented their educational institution in nine categories:
- Benjamin Pevec – Knowledge and Serving of Wine;
- Klementina Košir – Culinary Art;
- Matevž Novak – Restaurant Servicing;
- Kristina Požun – Barista and Coffee Brewing;
- Marko Hiršel – Bartending;
- Žan Kuhar – Culinary Decathlon;
- Pia Zala Ivanko – Cooking Desserts;
- Anja Jekovec – Hotel Administration;
- Tilen Albreht – Knowledge of Tourist Destinations.
The students were accompanied by mentors: teachers Jože Zalar, Dr Boža Grafenauer, Master Tadeja Krašnja, Marijan Lebar, as well as Director Master Peter Mihelčič.
Following the event results, Kristina Požun won first place in the Barista and Coffee Brewing category; Klementina Košir – second place in the Culinary Art category; Žan Kuhar – third place in the Culinary Decathlon category; Tilen Albreht – third place in the Knowledge of Tourist Destinations category.