- EU education and international diploma.
- A wide range of programmes and faculties.
- Residence permit with the right to work—a residence permit for the purpose of studies.
- Affordable tuition fees.
- Ability to apply for three different programmes at one time.
- Study programmes in Slovenian and/or English.
- Opportunity to receive a scholarship upon good academic performance. Educational grants for students of master’s and post-graduate programmes.
- European and international exchange programs for students including Erasmus.
- Internships and opportunity to work in European companies from the first year of study.
- Well developed system of student bonuses (up discount in restaurants, museums, libraries, cultural events and public transport).
- Ability to travel freely around all EU countries.
- Culturally diverse and tolerant environment, calm mentality and interesting language experience.
Conditions for admission to Slovenian universities are very comfortable.
- Mostly there are no entrance exams (except for specialized programmes, such as journalism, Slovenian language and culture studies, pedagogy, creative programmes).
- Admission to the majority of programmes does not require passing the Slovenian language test or providing an English language certificate (TOEFL/IELTS).
- All study programmes are implemented in the Slovenian or English languages depending on the programme and the teachers’ preferences.
To read the descriptions of Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in English, click here.
The deadline for submitting documents to Bachelor’s programmes in 2021/2022 academic year are available here.
Thus, in order to enter a university in Slovenia, you have to provide documents, your education certificates have to gain the academic aproval and, of course, pass all admission rounds successfully.
The higher education system in Slovenia includes 3 levels
Level 1: Bachelor’s degree—3–4 years (dodiplomski študij);
Level 2: Master’s degree —1–2 years (podiplomski študij);
Level 3: Doctor’s degree—3 years (doktorat).
Universities in Slovenia
– University of Ljubljana (Univerza v Ljubljani). It enters the world’s Top-500 best universities according to the academic ranking. It is the largest university in Slovenia. It comprises 23 faculties and 3 academies of arts.
– University of Maribor (Univerza v Mariboru). It is the second largest university in Slovenia. First, the School of Economics and Commerce was established in 1959. The university received its status in 1975. At the moment, the university includes 17 faculties.
– University of Nova Gorica (Univerza v Novi Gorici). The University was founded on the basis of the School of Environmental Sciences in 1995. In 2006, it was renamed into the University of Nova Gorica. It consists of four faculties, the School of Viticulture and Ecology, the School of Arts, the Graduate School, and several research institutes and laboratories well-known throughout Slovenia.
– New University (Nova univerza). It was established in 2008 and includes three faculties.
– University of Novo mesto (Univerza v Novem mestu). It was established in 2017 and includes four faculties.
In Slovenia, there are 48 private specialized faculties including art academies. Basically, these are highly specialized faculties that pay special attention to the practical side of education. All private faculties in Slovenia have state accreditation. Professors invited from around the world and professionals employed according to their degree fields in successful European companies conduct lectures and seminars of all current programmes. Besides, study tours to various companies throughout Europe are organized.
The Slovenes are not in a hurry to part with their student status, which is not surprising. This is an unforgettable time. You can learn and work successfully (or receive a decent scholarship). The system of transport discounts allows budget travels across Europe. Moreover, Slovenia is located in the heart of Europe, and thus you can easily go on holiday to Italy, Austria, Germany, or Croatia.
Education in Slovenia is 10-in-1: a European diploma, high quality education, a residence permit in a Schengen country, work in Europe, additional languages, internships, grants, scholarships, international contacts, and an opportunity to see the world.
Come here and check it out for yourselves!
- Consulting and selecting an optimal study programme and university.
- Consulting on education scholarships.
- Preparing all necessary documents for admission.
- Sending applications and documents to desired universities and tracking their status (up to three universities).
- Selecting an academic adviser (for PhD students).
- Compiling and sending cover and reference letters.
- Preparing documents for obtaining a residence permit in Slovenia for the purpose of studies.
- Obtaining identification and tax numbers.
- Assisting in registration at the place of residence.
- Information support.
Additional Services (NOT covered by the fee!)
- 100 hours of intensive Slovenian language courses before the beginning of the academic year.
- Assistance in the selection and rent of housing.