1. Obtain a B1/B2 German language certificate
2. Choose a Studienkolleg and ask about admission requirements
3. Check the deadlines for admission to the selected Studienkollegs
4. School graduates – get a school certificate (technical school graduates – a technical school diploma) and study at least one year at the university
5. Collect and submit a complete package of documents
6. Pass the Studienkolleg entrance exams
1. Choose the specialty and university
2. Complete a Studienkolleg or at least two years of higher education in the home country in a specialty similar to the chosen one
3. If you graduate from a Studienkolleg, successfully pass the final exam, if you study at a university in your own country, get a C1 language certificate
4. Find out the deadlines for submitting documents
5. Check if the selected university works with uni-assist. If the university does not work according to this system, find out on its website the address of the international department for sending documents
6. Collect and send to the university a package of documents for admission
After completing grade 11, you can join the Studienkolleg. For direct admission to a university (without a preparatory year in a Studienkolleg), you must:
• have a high school diploma
• complete at least one academic year at your “native” university (full-time) in the specialty that you will study at a German university
• know German at level C1 or higher
For admission to the Studienkolleg, you should focus on the B2 level, but for universities you need to be at the C1 level. Language knowledge must be supported by an appropriate certificate.
In some cases, you can apply for a B1 certificate, but then you will need to intensively prepare for the entrance exam.
It’s true. However, there is the concept of a student fee (about 250 € per semester). Housing and food, as well as insurance are paid independently.
Some universities may be paid for foreigners.
A visa issued to foreign students allows you to work for 20 hours / week – 360 days a year or 40 hours / week – 180 days a year.Student work is paid by the hour, the rate varies from 9 to about 17 euros per hour.
For admission to the Studienkolleg you will need:
• application form
• school certificate
• a certificate of passing the entrance exam to the university (for example, the Unified State Examination, ZNO or similar – if available)
• academic certificate from the university (if available)
• a certificate confirming language proficiency at a level not lower than B1 (depends on the requirements of a particular colleague and can reach up to C1 in some cases)
• in some cases – a biography, a motivation letter, a scan of the first page of a foreign passport, a photograph, a certificate of a test for a prof. orientation and so on
• additional documents may be required – for example, VPD