Cuisine of Slovenia’s Regions: Rožičevo Pecivo – Pastry Made from Carob Bean Flour with Apples
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar,
- 1 cup (250 mL) wheat flour,
- 1 cup (250 mL) carob bean flour,
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk,
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil,
- 1 sachet (10 g) of baking powder,
- 4 peeled and chopped apples,
- 100 g butter,
- 100 g chocolate powder.
Beat yolks and sugar until foamy. Gradually add wheat flour, carob bean flour, milk, vegetable oil and baking powder and stir. Add chopped apples to this mixture. Finally whip egg whites until stiff and stir this foam gently into the mixture with a kitchen spoon. Bake for about 30 minutes at 200°C. Top the hot baked pastry with the melted chocolate.