- Degree: Bachelor (3 years), Master (2 years).
- Language: Slovenian, English.
- Mode of study: intramural.
- Major: qualified bioinformatician.
The programme is aimed at training full-scale experts who solve biological data problems with an understanding of the life process at the level of cells, organisms and the environment. A bioinformatician is a specialist in the analysis of biomedical data. A professional in this sphere develops and uses algorithmic, computational and other methods that allow a better understanding of the information and other biological data contained in our cells. Such an expert works at the intersection of medicine, mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry and programming.
- medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies;
- private and public laboratories;
- manufacturing and food sectors;
- environmental protection agencies;
- research centres.